Here is a brief overview of the services I provide to adults and couples.
- BDSM/Kink has gained a great deal of international media attention in recent years and has allowed many people the freedom to explore their curiosity. However, these are still complicated relationships with complex structures. I am experienced helping both new and veteran members of this community to navigate through relationship difficulties that may arise without judgement and with a nuanced understanding of power dynamics.
- Non-monogamy has also begun to gain popularity in recent years, as monogamous couples explore the concepts of open relationships, monogamish, polyamory, and other forms of non-monogamy. In therapy, couples can work to open their relationships in an agreeable and healthy manner.
- Sexuality Issues can take many forms, such as an impulse, dysfunction, or the result of trauma. In therapy, these issues can be addressed openly without fear of judgment or reprisal.
- Relationship Difficulties can be caused by a variety of things - financial hardship, infidelity, failures in communication, sexual issues, and impulsive behavior. Whether coming in alone or for Couples Counseling, we can work to address the issues causing the breakdown and strength the relationship for the future.
- Depression and Anxiety are two common conditions that can be debilitating if left untreated. They can be triggered by stressful situations that crop up during life events or they can be long-standing issues. Either way, it is important to treat both anxiety and depression quickly and with sensitivity.
- Trauma and Abuse survivors can experience many difficulties throughout life, including difficulty sustaining relationships, an inability to get close to or trust others, sleep problems, anxiety, depression, and sexual issues, just to name a few. I have worked with survivors of many types of trauma (veterans, rape/sexual abuse, domestic violence, car accidents). Going at your pace, we can carefully, discretely, and sensitively work on these issues.
- Borderline and Narcissistic Personality Disorders can both be extremely painful diagnoses with which to cope. I provide long-term, intensive psychotherapy services to patients suffering with these, working to find balance. I also work with family members struggling to cope with BPD and NPD diagnoses.
- Anger Issues are a factor in the destruction of many relationships and the reason for many lost jobs. I work with individuals to identify and address the root causes of the anger through intensive therapy. This also includes addressing appropriate coping skills, stress management, and conflict resolution.
Make an appointment today, and together we can begin to address the issues with which you're struggling.
Online Therapy Services
If you are a member of the BDSM community and there is not a kink-knowledgeable therapist in your area, I do provide teletherapy, as long as you are in North Carolina. Contact me to set up an appointment.
I provide supervision to social workers who need this to meet the licensing requirement for the LCSW. I have supervised several field placement interns, as well as engaging in professional consultation with colleagues during the course of over a decade in practice. Additionally, I have also passed the NASW-NC supervision exam. I enjoy formulating the psychodynamics of a case, particularly those that are complex. I would be happy to discuss your individual needs, and my consultation fee is based on a sliding scale, designed with sensitivity in mind toward the new professional or those that are still working toward their career goals.